Please read these Terms and Conditions for use(“T&C”) carefully as they contain important information relevant to your legal rights. By using www.venturesuganda.com, you agree to be bound by these Terms unconditionally.
These Terms constitute a legally binding contract between you and Exponential Ventures Ltd and govern your use and access of the Exponential website, mobile application, and all other associated services (collectively referred to as the “www.venturesuganda.com”).
Changes are continuously made to these terms at any time by posting new information online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made. Your continued use of this website even after changes have been made means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended. Notice that no notification may be made to users of this website before or after changes have been made.
Access to and use of this site (https://www.venturesuganda.com ) is subject to the following terms:
Code of Good Practices
Our mission is to empower, transform communities to manage their real properties and investments in a free market world. In order to achieve this goal, we will live up to the following good practices:
- We care about you: and therefore, offer our technical consultancy and customer managed services for all kinds of facilities.
- We bring and allow you to experience properties from high (high) end to whatever serves your needs for your next home or stay in a apartment, hostel, farm etc. wherever in Uganda
- We can facilitate the payment of any fee, purchase or hire of any real estate product and service which uses our payment service
- We promise you an informative, user-friendly website that guarantees the best available prices.
- We Price Match
Guidelines on posting content
You agree to post material or information to www.venturesuganda.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of this website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content, posting material with a malicious intention to harm the reputation of an individual/organization and posting of material or content which you have not been authorized to.
Where this content is utilized on an online platform or any social media, the user will be required to link back to www.venturesuganda.com for as long as such content runs. This is a requirement that all users in this category must fulfil, be they owners of profit or not-for-profit sites.
By submitting content on this website, including the information images, pictures, logos, you acknowledge and agree that you are granting instant access to this property. You understand that Exponential Ventures Ltd assumes no liability for any damages that may occur to the property as a result of granting such access. Under no circumstances will Exponential Ventures Ltd be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (b) loss of business; (c) loss of opportunity; (d) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (e) losses suffered by third parties; or (f) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of www.venturesuganda.com, regardless of the form of action.
By using this website, you acknowledge that you are requesting instant access to the property or facility. You understand that Exponential Ventures Ltd assumes no liability for any physical harm or damage that may result from entering this property and you agree to enter at your own risk. You further agree that you are responsible for any damage to the property of the seller, and that you will be held solely responsible for any damage to the property that occurs during this period of instant access.
Terms of Service
- Part of the content on the Exponential website, including real estate listings and related information, images, and photographs (“Listing Content”) are protected by copyright, which is owned by the members who supplied the Listing Content and is reproduced under authorization.
- The Listing Content is intended for the private, non-commercial use by individuals. Any commercial use of the Exponential website or Listing Content is expressly prohibited.
- Users further acknowledge that some listings are put onto the Exponential website by the legal owner of the real estate and not through Exponential Ventures Ltd.
- Users of the Exponential website acknowledge that Exponential Ventures takes no responsibility and does not guarantee in any way the accuracy of the Listing Content provided on the Exponential website.
- Users acknowledge and agree that legal owners of real estate property (“Sellers”) may register through the Exponential website and may thereafter use the Exponential website to grant instant access to registered users who wish to view Seller’s property in person. In such an event, Sellers acknowledge and agree that Exponential assumes no liability for any damages of any kind whatsoever resulting from Sellers’ decision to grant instant access to Buyers. For the sake of clarity, Sellers agree that they have the sole and absolute discretion to allow Buyers instant access into a Listing and as such they assume full responsibility for any damages that may occur after a Buyer is granted instant access.
- You must be at least 18 years old and able to enter into legally binding contracts to access and use the Exponential website. By accessing or using the Exponential website you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older and have the legal capacity and authority to enter into a contract.
- You acknowledge and agree that Exponential may make access and use of the Exponential website such as completing a verification process, meeting specific quality or eligibility criteria, or any other use that Exponential sees fit in our sole discretion.
- User verification on the Internet is difficult and we do not assume any responsibility for the confirmation of any user’s identity. Notwithstanding this fact, for transparency and fraud prevention purposes, and as permitted by applicable laws, we may, but have no obligation to ask users to provide a form of government identification or other information or undertake additional checks designed to help verify the identities or backgrounds of users.
- Users acknowledge and agree that Exponential’s verification process does not guarantee Buyers’ identities and there is still a risk of damages to Sellers. Users acknowledge and agree that Exponential disclaims all liability for any damages suffered by Sellers to their property or otherwise, specifically including damages inflicted by a user verified by Exponential.
- As a Buyer, you are responsible for leaving the Sellers’ property (including any personal or other property located at the property) in the condition it was in when you arrived. You are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals whom you invite to, or otherwise provide access to, the property, excluding the Seller (and the individuals the Seller invites to the property, if applicable).
- Users acknowledge and agree that they have the ability to enter into legally binding real estate purchase contracts through the Exponential website. Exponential shall not be a party to any real estate purchase contract entered into and shall not be liable for any breach of said contracts. Exponential strongly encourages all users to seek out independent legal advice prior to entering into a real estate purchase contract through the Exponential website. Exponential may provide general suggestions to users who are filling out real estate purchase contracts, but these suggestions should not be relied upon or treated as legal advice. Users agree that any real estate purchase contract shall be strictly between the Seller and Buyer. Exponential shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from your decision to enter into a real estate purchase contract.
- Exponential reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time in accordance with this provision. In the event we make changes to these Terms, we will notify you by sending an email to your registered email address and invite you to review the revised Terms. If you disagree with any part of the revised Terms, you may terminate your use of the Exponential website with immediate effect. If you continue to use the Exponential website, it will constitute acceptance of the revised Terms.
- You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process.
- You acknowledge and agree that nothing in these Terms shall limit your liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for your negligence resulting in personal injury or death.
- Exponential encourages you to seek out independent legal advice prior to agreeing to these Terms.
- You agree and acknowledge that a person who is not party to this contract has not privity of contract to enforce any term of this contract.
- You agree that Exponential is permitted to collect, transfer, store and use your personal information in any way in our sole discretion as permitted by law.
- You agree to receive marketing communications from Exponential.
- You agree and acknowledge that Exponential may transfer its rights under these Terms (and any related claims) to any third party without first obtaining your prior written consent.
- Nothing in these Terms shall create an employment relationship, agency relationship, partnership, or joint venture of any kind between Exponential and any user.
- This contract constitutes the entire agreement between you and Exponential and supersedes any and all prior agreements and understandings, undertakings, whether written or oral, made between you and Exponential with respect to the subject matter specifically provided or referred to in this contract. You agree and acknowledge that your right to access and use the Exponential website is subject to all applicable laws.
- If any provision of this contract is determined illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality or unenforceability but shall not invalidate or affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provision of this contract.
- This contract is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Uganda.
Use Credit cards or bank transfer
If applicable and available, certain customers offer the opportunity for sellers to be paid (wholly or partly and as required under the payment policy of the seller) to the Seller during the buying/letting process by means of secure online payment (all to the extent offered and supported by your bank). For certain products and services, Exponential website facilitates (through third party payment processors) the payment of the relevant product or service (i.e. the payment facilitation service) for and on behalf of the seller (Exponential never acts nor operates as the merchant of record). Payment is safely processed from your credit/debit card or bank account to the bank account of the product provider through a third-party payment processor. Any payment facilitated by us for and on behalf of, and transferred to the Provider will in each case constitute a payment of (part of) the sales price by you of the relevant product or service in final settlement of such due and payable price and you cannot reclaim such paid monies.
For certain (non-refundable) rates or special offers, please note that Providers may require that payment is made upfront by wire transfer (if available) or by credit card, and therefore your credit card may be pre-authorized or charged (sometimes without any option for refund) upon making the commitment. You will not hold Exponential liable or responsible for any (authorized, (allegedly) unauthorized or wrong) charge by the Provider and not (re)claim any amount for any valid or authorized charge by the Provider (including for pre-paid rates, no-show and chargeable cancellation) of your credit card.
In the event of credit card fraud or unauthorized use of your credit card by third parties, most banks and credit card companies bear the risk and cover all the charges resulting from such fraud or misuse, which may sometimes be subject to a deductible. In the event that your credit card company or bank charges the deductible from you because of unauthorized transactions resulting from a payment made on our website, we will pay you this deductible, up to an aggregate amount in your local currency.
In order to indemnify you, please make sure that you report this fraud to your credit card provider (in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures) and contact us immediately by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). This indemnification only applies to credit card reservations made using Exponential’s secure server and the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through our default or negligence and through no fault of your own while using the secure server.
Pre-payment, cancellation, no-show
By making a payment to the Provider, you accept and agree to the relevant cancellation and no-show policy of the Provider, and to any additional (delivery) terms and conditions of the Provider that may apply to your purchase, including for services rendered and/or products offered by the Provider. The relevant (delivery/purchase/use/carrier) terms and conditions of a Provider can be obtained with the relevant Provider.
Please note that a purchase which requires down payment or (wholly or partly) prepayment may be cancelled (without a prior notice of default or warning) insofar the relevant (remaining) amount(s) cannot be collected in full on the relevant due or payment date in accordance with the relevant payment policy of the Provider and the reservation. Cancellation and prepayment policies may vary per segment, product or service of each sale. Late payment, wrong bank, debit or credit card details, invalid credit/debit cards or insufficient funds are for your own risk and account and you shall not be entitled to any refund of any (non-refundable) prepaid amount unless the Provider agrees or allows otherwise under its (pre)payment and cancellation policy.